Thursday, September 12, 2013

#MTVnailChallenge: 2. Orange & Stripes

HI! *waves* I honestly think it is going to snow today! Because it's cold?? No! It's coolish here in Pretoria but in a nice way. No sign of snow though! Why then? BECAUSE I HAVE A POST UP BEFORE 11.30AM! What?? Yip, snow...or the apocalypse! Something is going down!

As you know I'm taking part in the #MTVnailChallenge with my lovely ladies, Ordinary Misfit and For The Love Of Nail Art. For more information regarding the challenge, you can check out this post.

2 .Orange & Stripes

Nail Polishes used:
  • China Glaze Recycle
  • Tip Top Nail Chic Solar Flare
  • Avon Apricot Mystery

Tools Used:
  • Dotting tool
  • Thin nail art brush
  • Striping tape






I started out by laying down 2 coats of China Glaze Recycle on all my nails, except for my thumb. On my index finger, ring and pinky I then placed a few strips of striping tape and went over it with 1 coat of Tip Top Solar Flare.






On my ring finger, I made a few “groups” of dots with Avon Apricot Mystery and my dotting tool. When this was dry, I then made a few random “C” shapes and squiggles with my nail art brush on the “group” and Tip Top Solar Flare to make vintage looking flowers. In between I placed a few dots with Avon Apricot Mystery and Tip Top Solar Flare just to fill up the space a little bit. Lastly, I just layed down 2 coats of Tip Top Solar Flare on my thumb to finish off the look.




This didn't come out to bad in my opinion! Tip Top Solar Flare made my camera completely spazz out because it is so deep and bright but in real life, the grey and orange went beautifully together!

Please go check out For The Love Of Nail Art and OrdinaryMisfit for their amazing takes on today's theme! And while you're at it, please join in and let us know! Would love to see them all!

If you would like me to swatch any of the colours you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige!

Lots of mad love...



11 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!!!
    I love it T!!!!! It looks amazing!!!!
    The orange has actually given the grey an almost gold-ish glow to it. It's gorgeous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you M! :D I can't wait to use these colors together...until I fall in love with another combination next week! Story of my life! Lol But thank you again!

      Delete
  2. I love this! I wish I could get stripes to look that even and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweety! :D Stripes can be a pain sometimes! Try using tweezers when you apply them. Makes it a little bit easier! Oh, and a lot of patience! Lol

      Delete
  3. I am really loving this color combo!! Gorgeous mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cool!!!!!
    The stripes are SO eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Voni! :D They are quite a bit, aren't they? Only place on me stripes will ever look good! Lol

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous!! :D I love the patterns and the colour combination! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! And I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! :D
      http://www.artevolve.blogspot.ca/2013/09/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! It is stunning colors! Can't wait to play with it again!

      And HUGE thank you for the nomination! Will def give it a go! :D

      Delete